We are Keith Miles and Sandy Coe, your basic, run-of-the-mill, down to earth folks that happen to own and enjoy running an independent motel.
As the sign reads, we are "Motel Owners with a Bed & Breakfast Attitude."
Stop in and be our guest in our rural setting.
It will always be our number one priority.
• Making you feel at home.
Need Information about the area? Can't seem to locate the fish or the mushrooms? Where's the best snowmobile riding? Where's the best prime rib? Just ask—it's what we're all about.
Grayling offers all the activities on our Things To Do web page and much more. Our central location in Northern Michigan makes Grayling a perfect home base. Take a few days to enjoy the Grayling area, and then branch out by taking day trips.
• Head west to Traverse City for a day without spending an arm and a leg for lodging. Check out the Leelanau Peninsula and its unique and friendly villages. Antrim County offers the Chain of Lakes and sandy beaches on the Lake Michigan shoreline.
• Head north to Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, and the Straits Area. The Mackinac Bridge is a sight to behold in itself. Further north lies the Tahquamenon Falls in the Upper Peninsula.
• Head east to Alpena, Oscoda and the Lake Huron shoreline. The drive east passes through some of the most scenic land in northern Michigan.
Oh yeah, we forgot to mention the casinos.
All these day trips are two hours or less from the motel and each trip is a scenic pleasure. No need to pack and unpack—when you get back, we'll have the campfire roaring.
The following restaurants offer various types of discounts to Fay's Motel guests. Information and menus are located in each of our rooms. All are located in Grayling except as noted.
• GRAY ROCK CAFE - Voted Crawford County's "Best Ribs." Everything from burgers to lobster.
SPIKE'S KEG 'O' NAILS - Best burgers in God's country.
NORTHERN CAFE - A family style restaurant with a great breakfast, sandwich and Mexican menu.
GRAYLING RESTAURANT - Family style with a great breakfast.
FREDERIC INN (Frederic) - Excellent prime rib on weekends and fantastic Mexican food.
LONE PINE RESTAURANT - Family friendly and home cooking with complete menus for every meal.
THE SWAMP II (Frederic) - Full menu, pizza, Mexican.
THE OLE BARN - Full menu and entertainment Thurs.–Sat.
We offer a number of those little things that add up to a great up-north experience.
Up north isn't up north unless you have a campfire. We furnish the wood.
• Wireless Internet •
• Charcoal Grills & Picnic Tables•
• Fish Cleaning Facility • Horseshoe Pits •
• Weight-Lifting Equipment • Heated Garage for Sled Repairs •
• Basketball Hoop & Other Games for the Kids •
• Bicycle Path across the Street •